Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I'm writing a piece for Newsweek now and waiting to get the copyedited manuscript to my new book The Price of Justice. It's coming tomorrow and it's the last step. The cover looks fantastic. I'll post it on my website as soon as I get the final copy. And things look great. Although the book is finished, the case I'm writing about goes on. Dave Fawcett argued the appeal on Caperton before the Virginia Supreme Court today, and tomorrow Bruce Stanley argues before the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia his possible historic case that victims should be able to sue the federal government when mine safety officials fail to protect miners. I wish I could be there for that one. I don't know how Justice Davis has the audacity not to recuse herself. At least Justice Benjamin realized he had no business hearing the case.

No comments: